Bradley Brand & Design are delighted to be a Studio Sponsor of the WhyDesign2020 event on 4th March; an ever evolving initiative that’s working to address the gender imbalance in the design industry across Ireland. As an Irish branding and design agency employing many talented women across creative roles (including leadership) we are working with WhyDesign to prove that a gender balanced workforce forms a much more successful, innovative team with different perspectives, ideas and characteristics. Our agency is everyday living proof of design diversity, just check out our current and previous work for the growing evidence to support this! You will also see our Bvisible campaign running on social media to support the WhyDesign initiative and upcoming International Women's Day; we’re proudly highlighting our talented female colleagues who are carving out their careers in the creative sector. Be inspired. #Bvisible
The WhyDesign initiative was founded by and is led by Kim Mackenzie-Doyle (former IDI President) to address the gender imbalance in design and showcase inspirational female role models to 2nd level female students and those considering a career change to the creative sector. The WhyDesign event will see the Irish creative community congregate to address the clear issue concerning the lack of female design leaders within the workforce. Sharing ideas and questions working towards a more whole, all-inclusive, innovative creative sector - this is a date in the diary you don’t want to miss and everyone is welcome, whatever your gender.
Oh Boy Beyonce
The event will target the harsh reality surrounding the scarcity of women leaders attached to Ireland’s creative sector. As Beyonce once said, ‘If I were a boy’. Yes Beyonce, if you were a boy, the likelihood of you becoming a leader in design would be much higher. Only 11% of Irish design leaders are female, leaving the remaining 89% predominantly male. WhyDesign are encouraging gender balance by introducing a 50/50 agenda of keynote speakers, encouraging a 50/50 audience building towards the initial goal of a 50/50 design sector.
WhyDesign keynote speakers will consist of Kerning the Gap founder, Natalie Maher and Senior Design Manager at Intercom, Jonathon Colman. They will also be joined by award winning creative and social entrepreneur, Melanie Lynch. With a passion for justice and equality and fun along the way, they will take to the sofa to answer the questions you have been longing to ask.
The event will take place in the Liberty Theatre Dublin on Eden Quay from 6pm- 9pm in the evening. Visit https://bit.ly/2PrroaU to purchase tickets for the event. Group tickets and ticket bursary also available. For more information regarding the WhyDesign initiative email WhyDesign@idi-design.ie or visit their website whydesign.ie
To compete in any economic climate, brands must anchor their marketing efforts around a clear brand positioning. It’s tempting to be overly tactical with your ‘Covid-19 era’ messages, but that could mean your brand has unintentionally drifted off course. Now’s the time to re-anchor your brand.Read More
Today, the Expert Group on Future Skills Needs publishes Together for Design: Digital, Product and Strategic Design Skills of the Future. The Expert Group Steering Group was chaired by Andrew Bradley, Managing Director of Bradley Brand.Read More
We have long admired Social Entrepreneurs Ireland and the work they do, so we are delighted to announce our three-year pro bono partnership with them.Read More
Brand leadership is about seeing flying machines in a stack of paperclips. Brand leaders come in all shapes and sizes too, as it’s not necessarily the market share leader that is the brand leader.Read More
The first wave of the coronavirus storm has hit us all hard. These are deeply troubling times. Businesses all over the country are uneasy, concerned for their people and worried for their futures. To beat this quickly we must be united, together (whilst keeping a safe distance apart).Read More
On November 7th, 2019 the Design Leaders Conference will be taking place once again. This event focuses on developing the leadership skills of Irish designers by bringing together thought leaders to lead business focused conversations.Read More
With so many brands being seen by consumers on a daily basis, we often get asked how can a brand ensure stand out in a crowded market, while making sure that the customer understands our product or service offering?Read More
We are regularly faced with many clients that have issues that they don’t seem to be able to fix, such as people not understanding how to use their product correctlyRead More
In order to successfully build you brand, you need to start by figuring out certain important elements of your brand.Read More